Nov 1, 2009

Chauvinism or Chivalry?

Where is the difference between the two?
It's easy, actually.
Chauvinism is directly putting down women and their social standing.
Chivalry is drastically different. Chivalry is being polite. Gentlemanly, if you will.

Girls, when a guy opens a door for you he is NOT being Chauvinistic! He is being Chivalrous and you should thank him as he is one of the few males left on the planet who practice it. Few things piss me off more than seeing a girl snap at a guy for opening the door for her! What is this fraggin' world coming to?

Guys, please don't give up! If a chick snaps at you because you opened the door for her, than CONGRATULATIONS! You can cross that bitch off your list of potential dates! I promise you there are girls out there (myself included) that genuinely appreciate it when you open the door!

What sent me off on this rant?

The other day at school a guy in a wheelchair opened the door and held it for me.

If a guy whom is paralyzed from the waist down can hold a door for a girl, why not the rest of you guys?

I was shocked damn near off my feet that day and couldn't think of much else for the rest of the day.

Please, people. Do not confuse Chivalry with Chauvinism!

No comments:

Post a Comment